Tuesday 15 June 2010

Hyperabuse Monolith

A second game on the S.C.U.M. theme. This is a game about harassing people in the street. Again, the visuals are where I want them to be, but the gameplay isn't quite. It's more like a "proper game" though, has a score and everything!
(my best is 16130, but higher should certainly be possible.)

Hyperabuse Monolith



If videogames were rock music (a much better metaphor than movies), then this a fairly dull quiet track 2/3 of the way through the album (I'm not selling it very well, am I?).
I quite like that idea; an album of games.

edit (24/06/10): new version, incorporating some suggestions and fixing a bug; also, scoring is now different by an order of magnitude, so scores mentioned previously will sound absurd.

edit (26/06/10): new version, mostly the same as the previous, just improving depth-buffery problems but not fixing them completely because I'm lazy.

5 comments:

  1. This is a pretty addictive game and really well implemented. Regarding gameplay, I have a couple of niggles: I don't like that when you harass a red box, it shoots off, but when you are harassed by a blue box you get stuck.. seems to be inconsistent, not to mention I got bludgeoned by blues until half dead :-( Also, I'd like to see a little radar or something to show me how where the boxes are.. sometimes they hit me from behind and there's nothing I could have done to prevent it.

    Best score: 18830. It's mouse maze all over again, isn't it :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are solid suggestions and I may have a go at implementing them later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE: updates.

    Yes, that's nice. I prefer the mouse controlling turning too. Good job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kept crashing but I figured out I had to "Run as Administrator."

    I really like the mechanic though, I think I'll try to make my own variant some time. Inspiring stuff and cool minimalist look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broken link - would providing a mirror be possible?

    ReplyDelete